Howard Margolis (1932-2009)
Was an American social scientist. He received a Bachelor of Arts in Government (from Harvard University) in 1953 and a PhD in Political Science (from MIT) in 1979. From 1990 to 2009, he was a faculty member at the University of Chicago and a professor at the University of Chicago's Harris School of Public Policy Studies and the College.
- Margolis, Howard (2007). "Cognition and Extended Rational Choice". New York: Routledge.
- Margolis, Howard (2002). "It Started with Copernicus: How Turning the World Inside Out Led to the Scientific Revolution". McGraw-Hill.
- Margolis, Howard (1996). "Dealing with Risk: Why the Public and the Experts Disagree on Environmental Issues". University of Chicago Press.
- Margolis, Howard (1993). "Paradigms and Barriers: How Habits of Mind Govern Scientific Beliefs". University of Chicago Press.
- Margolis, Howard (1987). "Patterns, Thinking, and Cognition: A Theory of Judgment." University of Chicago Press.
- Margolis, Howard (1982). "Selfishness, Altruism and Rationality: A Theory of Social Change". Cambridge Press.